Saturday, March 19, 2016

Chicago, here we come!

Last July, Jason and I attended the national conference for the organization that supports research, education, and awareness for childhood apraxia of speech (Sam's speech disorder). 
In October of last year I received an email asking for proposals for speakers for the July 2016 conference in Chicago. I had a crazy idea to submit as a proposal, so I did the research, wrote the proposal, and submitted it in December. At the end of January I heard back, and I was accepted as a speaker!! 
I will be talking about building a resilient family that is equipped to handle challenges associated with a child with developmental challenges. I am very excited about being a speaker at the conference. It's a lot of work to prepare, but I hope it's as helpful to others as it's been to me. We'll see!  Chicago, here we come!

1 comment:

Gig 'Em NYC said...

You are so awesome!