Friday, August 7, 2015

Growing Garden

My tower garden is still growing like crazy! The lettuce at the top is no longer eatable, but it's fun to see how big it will grow!
We've gotten several cucumbers so far. They aren't bitter at all. I'm picking them when they are small, and they are yummy. 
The basil is growing very well too. I didn't think it was going to make it because the lettuce was hogging the light. Now it looks very happy. 
The tomatoes had a setback a week ago.  I accidentally unplugged the pump in the heat of the day. They got pretty wilted and lost their blooms. More blooms are starting to grow, but the growth is slower because it's SO hot. I would have given up on my soil garden by now if we still lived in the farm because of the heat and water needed. It's nice to still have something producing in August. 


I look forward to a fall garden this year!

No comments: