Friday, August 7, 2015

School starts soon!

We received Sam's supply list and a note from his teacher in the mail this week. I can't believe it's already time to think about the start of school!  I think it's going to be a really great school for Sam. I hope he transitions smoothly. 
Next weekend there is a parent work day to get the campus ready for the fall. I am looking forward to meeting other families at the school, especially parents of Sam's classmates. I hope we can form some friendships with other parents who have kids with speech delays. It seems like everyone is so busy these days. It's hard to find people willing to take on new friends. It's on God's hands, so we'll have to see how it goes. 
On August 21, there is a picnic to meet the teacher. I think meeting Sam's teacher will help to calm my jitters about Sam going to school 5 days a week. I pray that she will take the time to get to know Sam and foster a relationship with him. I know the small student to teacher ratio will help give each student one-on-one attention. I hope reality is as good as advertised!

No comments: